- Two miles from any shore, seven of the 27 houses remain standing today
- It is rumored that Al Capone had a gambling operation at Stiltsville
- Some houses used during Prohibition to store illegal liquor shipments from the Bahamas
- Privately-owned clubs dominated Stiltsville in the 1940’s – 1960’s
- In 1941, Stiltsville’s Quarterdeck Club was named the #1 Tourist destination in Miami.
- National Park Service established Biscayne National Park in 1968 and incorporated Stiltsville into the park’s boundary.