Call us: (305) 372-3388
Call us: (305) 372-3388
Miami Activities/Top 10 Things to Do in Miami
1. Little Havana: This is the area of Miami to immerse yourself in Cuban culture by taking a stroll down Calle Ocho. This area of Miami is as close as you can get to Havana, Cuba with authentic Cuban cigar rollers, Cuban coffee and food available at every corner.
2. Shopping: From boutique stores to world class designer shops, Miami offers something for everyone who is interested in shopping while visiting the area. Visitors can choose from Bayside Marketplace, Village of Merrick Park, Dolphin Mall, Bal Harbour Shops, Lincoln Road Mall and many other areas for shopping around Miami and the Beaches.
3. Art Deco District: Nightlife and partying is what attracts many to Miami Beach, but South Beach is much more than that with an Art Deco District that is on the National Registry of Historic Places. One of the largest collections of Art Deco architecture in the world, visitors can take guided walking tours and hear all about the history of this vibrant area.
4. Beaches: Miami beaches are some of the best in the world with crystal clear blue waters and white sandy shores and most are within steps of the many restaurants and bars found along trendy Ocean Drive. If one wants more secluded beaches, try the shores along Key Biscayne and particularly Bill Baggs State park for a more secluded beach stroll.
5. Everglades National Park: More than 1.5 million acres make this area of Miami one of the top spots for visitors to Florida. Known as “The River of Grass” for its vast saw grass prairies and sub-tropical jungles, the area is home to endangered species such as the American Crocodile, the Florida Panther and the West Indian Manatee. Visitors can explore the park by foot, boat or camping at one of the many visitor centers.
6. Seaquarium: Located near downtown Miami on the causeway to Key Biscayne, this popular tourist attraction is where visitors can get an up close and personal look at dolphin, manatee, killer whales and more in its outdoor aquariums.
7. Coral Castle: A unique structure and one that fits Miami well, the Coral Castle was built by one man as a monument to his lover, taking 28-years to complete. This 1100-ton coral creation is one of Miami’s top attractions.
8. Vizcaya Museum: No visit to Miami is complete without a tour of this 50-acre historical estate and European-style mansion. This amazing property houses art, antiques and collections that serve as a backdrop for galas, weddings and events.
9. Boat Tours: You are likely to encounter dolphin, manatee and other marine life along with great sightseeing among celebrity homes, downtown Miami and Key Biscayne on one of the many boat tours offered out of Miami and Miami Beach. From small private tours with only 6 passengers to larger vessels with 100 or more people aboard, Miami offers plenty to choose from in the way of boat tours and sightseeing on Biscayne Bay.
10. Fishing: Miami and the Beaches is one of the top fishing destinations in the world offering world-class backcountry, flats and reef fishing with experienced captains and guides. Charter and deep sea fishing trips can be found at many of the marina’s including Miami Beach Marina or Bayside Marketplace.