Stiltsville Miami ToursExplore Miami's Most Unique Hidden Gem
Details: Stiltsville Miami Tours
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Capacity: Maximum 6 passengers
- South Beach Departures: Miami Beach Marina, 300 Alton Road, Pier E, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Departure Times: Daily (Monday-Sunday) 9:30am • 11:45am • 3:00pm
- Reservations: Reservations are required online or by phone at 305-372-3388
- Parking: Strongly suggest ride share or taxi as parking is limited.
Note for Booking: Stiltsville is only offered on our Biscayne Bay ULTIMATE Miami Excursion + Stiltsville tour.
The Only Daily Boat Tour to Stiltsville Miami
What is the Best Way to Visit Stiltsville in Miami?
The best way to visit Stiltsville in Miami is on an Ocean Force Adventures 2-hour boat tour. When it comes to immersing yourself in the unique charm of Stiltsville in Miami, Ocean Force Adventures boat tours does it best. Our “Biscayne Bay Ultimate Miami Excursion + Stiltsville” experience is not just any boat ride; it’s a guided tour through history and culture that allows you to discover the captivating world of Stiltsville. As the only daily boat tour tour going to Stiltsville, we take pride in offering you an exclusive opportunity to experience this iconic Miami landmark.
You will get right up next to the colorful houses on our Stiltsville Miami tours for photos and a historical perspective from your professional tour guide.
Highlights of Your Stiltsville Miami Tours
- Get insider knowledge on our Miami boat from our local guide who knows the area inside out.
- Cruise through the sparkling blue waters of Biscayne Bay, taking in breathtaking views of the Miami skyline from Stiltsville.
- Explore Stiltsville and its remaining houses, each with a unique history and purpose.
- Hear captivating stories of Stiltsville’s past, including tales of hurricanes, illegal activities, and resilient residents and how that affected nearby Key Biscayne and Coconut Grove.
- Enjoy an engaging and relaxing boat ride while immersing yourself in Miami’s rich history and culture.
- Hear how Stiltsville Trust, made up of owners, works with Biscayne National Park to manage these colorful shacks in the sea.
- See the ceramic art mosaics created by the global artist Space Invader that adorn some of the houses.
Your Questions Answered
How do I Get to Stiltsville Miami?
You can only get to Stiltsville Miami by boat and the most convenient way is on a Miami boat tour and cruise. Thanks to Ocean Force Adventures, you can embark on our daily boat tour and visit the unique collection in all its glory. Our guided sightseeing cruise offers you an up-close and personal encounter with this iconic landmark.
Does Anyone Still Live in Stiltsville?
People don’t still live in Stiltsville full-time. Most of the houses are now historical structures used only as weekend or summer private getaways. Popular houses in the area now include the A Frame House, Sessions House, Jimmy Ellenburg House, and Bay Chateau, all part of our tours. The houses are now owned by the National Park Service but managed by a group of owners through the Stiltsville Trust. As you cruise along the waters during our boat tour, our experienced guides might even share stories about the resilient souls who continue to call Stiltsville home.
Choose a Shared Small Group Tour or a Private Stiltsville Miami Boat Tour
Shared – Small Group Boat Tours in Miami Join our shared small group experience, designed for up to six passengers. It’s all about crafting an intimate and sociable ambiance, allowing you to connect with fellow travelers who share your passions and interests.
Private Miami Boat Tours For those who cherish a more private and personalized Miami boat cruise, our private tour, also catering to up to six passengers, is the perfect choice. This option ensures exclusivity and the freedom to customize your Miami tour.
No matter which path you choose, we guarantee an engaging and unforgettable Miami boat ride to explore the city by water. Your Miami excursion, your way!
How Do I Book a Tour to Stiltsville?
Booking your Stiltsville tour with Ocean Force Adventures is easy. Simply click on the “Book Now” link on this page and select the “Biscayne Bay Ultimate Miami Excursion + Stiltsville” tour option. Follow the straightforward booking process, choose your preferred date and time, and secure your spot.
What Happens with Bad Weather?
We want you to have a good experience. If weather forces tour cancellation will will try to reschedule your tour. If this is not possible, we will provide a full refund.
What Type of Boat is Used for this Excursion?
Our custom-built Zodiac RIB excursion boat is designed for your safety and comfort. This agile vessel allows us to get to far-reaching areas such as Stiltsville. You may have seen these boats in Hawaii or Alaska where they are used for whale watching or on a cruise where they are used for shallow water exploration.
What is Your Cancellation Policy?
BAD WEATHER? We Reschedule or Refund your tour.
NON-WEATHER CANCELLATIONS within 48-hours of tour will result in same-value voucher for use within 12 months of original reservation.
CANCELLATION PROTECTION allows refundable last minute cancellations for any reason up to 4 hours before your scheduled tour.
What’s Included in Your Miami Stiltsville Tour?
Your Miami Stiltsville tour includes the following:
- A comfortable and safe Zodiac RIB boat built for exploration.
- Knowledgeable and engaging local guides who will share fascinating stories.
- Opportunities to take stunning photos of the Miami skyline and Stiltsville.
- An unforgettable experience that blends sightseeing with history, culture, and a national park.
- A boat tour agency with a Biscayne National Park Permit enabling visits to Stiltsville houses
- Complimentary bottled water
- Group photos using your camera
What’s Not Included?
Your tour does not include the following:
- Food and other beverages.
- Gratuities for the crew are not included but are greatly appreciated.
- Parking at Miami Beach Marina
- Hotel Pickup/Drop-off
The Colorful History of Stiltsville Houses
Located in Biscayne National Park and nearby Key Biscayne, Stiltsville has a story as colorful as the houses themselves. Its origins trace back to the 1930s when Captain Eddie “Crawfish” Walker defied convention and built the first shack on stilts above the tranquil waters of Biscayne Bay. He started selling fishing supplies and beer out of his colorful shack and this marked the birth of a community like no other. Over the years, and because of its proximity to nearby Coconut Grove, more houses were constructed, including the famous Calvert Club, Bikini Club and the Quarterdeck Club.
As you cruise toward the unique houses and through Biscayne National Park, you’ll uncover tales of the past—stories of illegal alcohol during prohibition, Al Capone, gambling, and even police raids on clubs like the Bikini Club. During this era, Stiltsville wasn’t just a collection of shacks; it was a collection of characters and a place where celebrities, wealthy individuals, and even politicians sought refuge and recreation.
Exploring Stiltsville’s Artistic Side: The Space Invader Mosaics
While Stiltsville boasts an incredible Florida history, it also features a vibrant artistic touch and our boat tours will feature these artistic elements. Two mosaics created by the renowned international artist Space Invader adorn some of the houses. Followers of the artist come from all over the world to take our Miami boat tour and see the art pieces that were placed on houses as an art installation during the Miami Beach Art Basel event. These mosaics add a unique and modern twist to the historic structures, showcasing the dynamic blend of the past and present that defines Miami FL.
Top Rated Stiltsville Miami Tour!
Fascinating Facts About Stiltsville
- Stiltsville is located within Biscayne National Park, making it a unique part of this natural treasure and one of the most unique places we visit on our Miami boat tour.
- Most of the houses in Stiltsville border Biscayne Channel, which was once the primary access point to the bay for people going fishing or cruising on a Miami boat tour.
- South Florida historians believe that as early as 1922, there were approximately twelve “shacks” on the flats of Stiltsville and these were only accessible by boats.
- The Quarterdeck Club and Bikini Club, popular social spots, were featured in a Life magazine article in 1941.
- Hurricane Betsy in 1965 reduced the number of structures to only seventeen, but those with less than fifty percent damage were allowed to remain.
- Today, there are six houses still standing, each with its own unique story.
A Journey Worth Taking
At Ocean Force Adventures, we don’t offer just a boat tour; we provide an immersive experience that leaves a lasting impression. Our boats are safe, secure, and comfortable. Book your “Biscayne Bay Ultimate Miami Excursion + Stiltsville” tour now and be a part of the story that makes Miami unique.
From the intriguing history to the enduring charm of its structures, Stiltsville awaits your exploration. Join us, and let’s set sail on this remarkable journey together.
Book Your Stiltsville Adventure Now!
Call or Text Us
(Daily 9:00am – 6:00pm)
Shop Stiltsville Gear
Are you interested in getting a Stiltsville T-shirt or hat as a momento of your tour? Explore our Shop for a variety of hand-sketched designs and other merchandise.